If you have leftovers from a taco meal, this is the perfect soup to use them up in a delicious way! It's very mild, so even those who shy away from spicy foods will love it. Here's what you'll need. Remember, this recipe is really flexible, so if you have a little more or less of something, or want to substitute with ingredients you have in your fridge, go for it! You'll need about 30 minutes to whip this soup up, and it makes 6-8
1 pound venison (or ground beef - I use venison since my husband loves to hunt.)
1 package taco seasoning
4 cups water plus 4 chicken boullion cubes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 bag frozen corn
1 can refried beans
2 10oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips for topping
1. If you have leftover taco meat, you won't have to worry about this step. However, if you're starting from scratch, brown 1 lb venison or ground beef in a large skillet until cooked through. Drain and add in taco seasoning.
2. Meanwhile, diisolve 4 chicken boullion cubes in 4 cups of water in a large pot, covered. Heat through on medium heat until the cubes are completely dissolved.
3. Season with garlic and onion powder.
4. Add frozen corn to the large pot and cook a few minutes. Then, stir in refried beans until fully incorporated into the soup and smooth. (Using a wisk works best.)
5. Add in diced tomatoes and taco meat. Bring to a simmer.
6. Add in cream cheese, about a tablespoon at a time. Stir well with a whisk, at least 5 to 10 minutes, until the soup is smooth.
7. Simmer for 10 more minutes, then serve.
8. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, and any other leftover taco ingredients you have! Enjoy.
Hope you find this short and sweet recipe helpful! It will quickly become one of your family's favorites.